Happy NY fitfam! We hope that you’re feeling rested and full of positive vibes for a new year ahead. What better way to kickstart a new week than planning healthy nutritious meals. This recipe is a delicious healthy option to have for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner; it is light, fluffy and ready within 10 minutes. A great healthy option to keep you on track in the New Year.
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 10minutes
For the waffles:
- 35g of flour; I used Spelt but any will do
- 10g of unflavoured protein powder
- 100g of grated courgette
- 50g of egg whites
- ½ a teaspoon of bbq seasoning
For the toppings:
- 1 serving of asparagus
- 1 egg
- Plain yogurt
- Black pepper to season
1, Grease your waffle maker
2. Mix together all of the waffle ingredients until well combined
3. Heat your waffle maker and pop the mixture in; make sure that you don’t out too much in as it will burst out the sides
4. Cook your waffles for around 10 minutes, or if you have a waffle maker like mine, for 4 minutes on each side
5. Whilst the waffles are cooking, boil your asparagus and make your poached egg. To make your poached egg boil around 2 inches of water in a sauce pan. Crack your egg in to a mug. Once the water is boiled, bring the water down to a simmer, put in some salt and white vinegar and then stir your water to make it swirl. Once swirling, gently put the egg in the pan and just leave it to cook for 3 minutes.
6. Take your egg out, place it on top of the waffles, put some plain yogurt on top and sprinkle with pepper
Complement your healthy eating with motivation to get your body moving…there’s no better time to find a new look (especially when there’s a sale on).
Get motivated for an active year ahead >> SALE TIME