Now that summer is finally making an appearance (fingers crossed she stays for good), and the weather is changing from dull and grim to sunny and warm, our daily diets will start to change too. No longer do hearty, warming meals and snacks make up the bulk of our day. Now we want fresh, fruity and exciting meals that ooze everything we love about the season. Colourful, bright and fresh goodness!
The moment the sun comes out to play, we want healthy snacks that are not only going to keep us going for longer, but are equally healthy and nutritional. With this in mind, we have come up with a few healthy and tasty summer snacks that are super simply to make, and won’t pack too many calories.
Each one can be made with only 3/4 ingredients, no specialist equipment and put together as quick as 1, 2, 3, which means you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time out in the sun. They are even the type of treats perfect for a friends summer BBQ or picnic in the park.
Apple and Peanut Butter Slices
1 Apple (your choice)
Peanut Butter (crunchy or smooth – once again, your choice)
1. Slice your apple, and pat dry with kitchen towel
2. Slather over some PB goodness
3. Sprinkle on some granola and you are good to go
Citrus and Mint Ice Lollies
1. Slice all your fruit into little triangles.
2. Slightly rip/cut the mint leaves into smaller pieces.
3. Place the fruit and mint into an ice lolly holder.
4. Top up with water, place the stick in and freeze until frozen (several hours)
FROYO Cheesecake Bites
Natural Greek Yoghurt
A selection of fresh/dried fruits (I use banana chips, blueberries and strawberries)
1. Layer two tsp of granola into a muffin case
2. Top with two heaped tsp of yoghurt (make sure the granola is completely covered)
3. Sprinkle your chopped fruit on top and place in the freezer for 2/3 hours
4. Pop out of the muffin case
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)